04/27/2018 On 20/04/2018, the Consortium ATHENA-PL was formed.
The main goal of the Consortium will be to develop subsystems for instruments of the ATHENA mission. Furthermore, the project documentation and component integration with satellite will be done.
The scope of the Consortium's substantive activity is the technology development for space observation, as well as observations in the field of X-ray astrophysics. Consortium ATHENA-PL includes 12 universities and institutes from all over Poland:
1. N. Copernicus Astronomical Center Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
2. Space Research Centre Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
3. Center for Theoretical Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
4. National Centre for Nuclear Research in Otwock
5. Jagiellonian University in Kraków
6. University of Wrocław
7. University of Białystok
8. Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce
9. University of Zielona Góra
10. Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
11. University of Szczecin
12. University of Łódź